420 Forest Heights Dr.
Athens, GA 30606
- Born in Memphis Tennessee, third of seven children. Moved with husband Bob's company to Athens in 1966.
- Mother of a son and three daughters, Bobby, Diane, Margaret and Kathleen. Nine precious grand-children.
- Hobbies include reading, sewing/needlework. Greatest joy at this point in my life is our four children and spoiling their children. I love being a grandmother.
- Athens-Clarke County Mayor: 2011 - present
- Georgia Municipal Association Board of Directors (2011-2012; 2017)
- Served on Athens City Council 1980-1985 (first woman elected to Athens City government). Served on all council committees. Active in Georgia Municipal Association; 10th district president 1985.
- Clarke County Tax Commissioner 1985 to 2010. I was active in Constitutional Officers' Association of Georgia and Georgia Association of Tax Officials, serving as district leader and member of education committee and chair awards committee.
Nancy has been active in many community organizations, holding office, chairing committees, and trying to make contributions where needed. These organizations include: PTA, Forest Heights Community Assn., Federation of Community Associations, Athens Area Democratic Women, Clarke County Democratic Committee, Georgia Commission on Women, Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, Upward Bound Advisory Board, Athens Humane Relations Council, Council on Aging, Heart Association, Council for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.
She is still very involved in the Athens Emergency Food Bank, which she helped establish about twenty years ago and chair the finance committee. She is also on the Board of the Northeast Georgia Food Bank, serving on the Finance and Personnel committees, and Capital Fund Cabinet. She is an active member of the Annual Giving Committee of Athens Regional Hospital.
She is still very involved in the Athens Emergency Food Bank, which she helped establish thirty-five years ago.
BBA from University of Georgia and Public Management Certification from University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute.
Honors & Awards:
- Athena Award, Athens Area Chamber of Commerce 2006
- Lifetime Volunteer Award, Athens Junior League 2010
- Action Hero, Action Ministries 2011
- Top Dawg, University of Georgia Alumni Association 2013
- Georgia Trend’s 100 Most Influential Georgians 2016 and 2017
- Sons of the American Revolution – Gold Citizenship Medal 2017