Code of Ordinances
Online Version of the Code
The Code of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia includes the Charter, special and related laws, and the General Ordinances of the Unified Government.
The searchable version of the code linked below does not include changes to the code as approved by the mayor and commission since the last update to the official printed version. These are available below.
Do not rely on any of these documents for any purpose other than information.
Searchable online version of the code without updates below
(externally hosted by Municipal Code Corporation)
The following updates are new ordinances passed by the mayor and commission that are not included in the full code and are more current. All files are in Adobe PDF format.
Title 1: General Government
Economic Development - Chapter 1-22 [adopted 2/5/13 effective 2/6/13]
Title 2: Revenue and Taxation
Title 3: Public Safety
Title 4: Public Health
Title 5: Public Utilities
Title 6: Licenses and Business Regulation
- Alcoholic beverage-manufacturer of distilled spirits - Section 6-3-2 [adopted 3/5/13 effective 3/6/13]
Title 7: Buildings and Construction
Title 8: Planning
Title 9: Zoning and Development Standards
- Comprehensive Plan - Section 9-1-2 [adopted 11/7/12 effective 11/12/12]
- Personal Care Homes - Sections 9-2-1; 9-10-2; 9-15-19 [adopted 10/2/12 effective 10/4/12
- Personal Care Homes - Sections 9-2-1, 9-5-2, 9-6-2, 9-7-2, 9-8-2, 9-10-2 [adopted 2/5/13 effective 2/6/13]
- Halfway houses - Sections 9-2-1, 9-4-3, 9-5-2, 9-6-2, 9-7-2, 9-8-2, 9-10-2, Chap. 9-15 [adopted 12/4/12 effective 12/7/12]
- Electric Vehicles - Sections 9-2-1, 9-30-1, 9-30-2, Chap 9-30 [adopted 2/5/13 effective 2/6/13]
- Family restrictions - Section 9-15-18 [adopted 10/2/12 effective 10/4/12]