325 E. Washington St.
Athens, GA 30601
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The tax commissioner is an officer established by the Constitution and elected to serve the citizens of Athens-Clarke County. Responsibilities include:
New Title Ad Valorem Tax
- Preparation of the digest
- Performing all functions relating to billing, collecting, disbursing, and accounting for ad valorem taxes collected in the county
- Receiving tax returns and applications for homestead filed by taxpayers
- Serving as an agent of the state revenue commissioner for the registration of motor vehicles and mobile homes
- The tax commissioner and staff are dedicated to providing prompt, professional, and courteous service to the taxpayers of Athens-Clarke County
begins March 1, 2013. Use the calculator
to determine if you are eligible to opt-in for vehicles purchased from January 1, 2012 until Feburary 28, 2013.