Transferring Service

How to Transfer Service

To transfer utility service you must already receive service, have good payment history, and be relocating within the county. Please notify the Water Business Office within one working day of when you would like the new service to start:

124 E. Hancock Ave.
Athens, GA 30601

Phone: 706-613-3500

You will need to provide your Social Security number, date of birth, and/or driver's license number. A $10 service fee will be added to your first bill at your new location. Service can be started on the same day for an additional $15 charge if you notify the Water Business Office before 4:00 p.m.

Good Payment History

A good payment history requires that you have:
  • No disconnects for non-payment
  • No more than two late payments in a 24-month period
  • No returned checks

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No