• Plan review functions will continue with submittals received on an as-needed basis, or by appointment, in a modified lobby area off the building in order to provide as much physical separation as possible.
• Inspections and servicing of existing permits will continue on a fairly regular schedule although some additional delays may be anticipated based on staffing levels moving forward.
|Application Type||New Fee Amount|
|Preliminary Plat (plus $10 per lot)||$100|
|Final Plat - Recombination||$50|
|Final Plat - Minor Plat (plus $30 per lot)||$75|
|Final Plat - Major Plat (plus $30 per lot)||$150|
|Zoning Permit - New Single-family Residential or +50% Addition||$75|
|Zoning Verification Letter - Simple||$20|
|Zoning Verification Letter - Comprehensive||$50|
|Zoning Permit - Other||$20|
|Signs (per sign reviewed, rather than per application)||$20|
|Demolition Review - Exempt||$20|
|Environmental Areas Review||$20|
|Planning Department CO Re-Inspections (after first re-inspect)||$50|
Click below for links to upcoming agendas and to calendar postings for upcoming meetings.
Our mission is to effectively manage community change in both the short and the long term with regard to land use, transportation, historic preservation, urban design and overall development in order to achieve a positive environment that is productive and beneficial to all citizens of Athens-Clarke County.
The tools used to achieve this mission include the:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Zoning Ordinance
- Subdivision Regulations
- Flood Protection Ordinance
- Street Numbering Ordinance
- Environmental Areas Ordinance
- Tree Management Ordinance
- Historic Preservation Ordinance
- Sign Ordinance
- Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) developed in conjunction with the Madison Athens-Clarke-Oconee Transportation Study (MACORTS)
- Athens-Clarke County Geographical Information System (GIS)