Project 30: Greenspace Acquisition Program
This project was established to fund the acquisition of properties and easements that are included in existing and planned greenway areas in Athens-Clarke County consistent with an approved Athens-Clarke County Community Greenspace Plan.
- Project Sponsor: Planning
- Type: Greenways
- Project Manager: Derek Doster
- To date the following properties have been acquired through the program process with contributing funds from SPLOST 2005:
- The Langdale Farm Preservation project was dedicated on October 26, 2006. The preservation of some 63.7 acres of the Langdale Farm is implemented through a permanent conservation easement acquired through a 25% contribution from the landowner, 25% from SPLOST 2005 funding, and a 50% contribution from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Properties along the North Oconee River have also been purchased, allowing for the preservation of the river corridor. These property parcels are located at 941, 943, 947, 951, and 971 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- A seven (7) acre parcel along the Middle Oconee River and the Atlanta Highway has been acquired. This property preserves a portion of the river corridor and view sheds along the highly developed area.
- Properties along Newton Bridge Road have been purchased allowing for the preservation of the river corridor. These properties include 1130 and 1140 Newton Bridge Road.
- A thirteen (13) acre parcel on Dairy Pak road has been acquired. This property is adjacent to Unified Government property that abuts the North Oconee River.
| Fiscal Period
|FY 2006 (Tier 1)|| $250,000
|FY 2007 (Tier 2)|| $250,000
|FY 2008 (Tier 3)|| $377,750
|FY 2009 (Tier 4)|| $450,000
|FY 2010 (Tier 5)|| $554,409
|FY 2011 (Tier 6)|| $554,410
| Total for this project: