- The Animal Shelter will be closed Monday, May 25. Although it will resume normal operating hours on Tuesday, May 26, the shelter remains closed to the public for general visits and volunteers. Fosters, adoptions, and rescues are scheduled by appointment and availability.
- Animal Services officers will not be available for non-emergency calls Monday, May 25. Non-emergency service calls will resume on Tuesday, May 26.
- Emergency services – such as an animal bite, a seriously sick or injured animal, or an animal trapped inside a living space of a home – will be provided throughout the holiday by calling 911.
For more information, contact Animal Control at 706-613-3540 or visit www.accgov.com/animalservices.
- Ben Burton Park will remain open for fishing, open space, boat launch, and trails for public use.
- Memorial Park will permit access to fishing, open space, picnic shelters (small gatherings only), and trails for public use. The playground, basketball court, dog park, and Bear Hollow Zoo will remain closed. Restroom access will be limited.
- Sandy Creek Park will permit access to disc golf, fishing, open space, private dog parks (by reservation), picnic areas (small gatherings only), and trails for public use. The beach, large pavilions, playgrounds, basketball & volleyball courts, and public dog park will remain closed. Restroom access will be limited. Park entrance is $2 per person for ages 4-64, all others are admitted free of charge. Payment options include annual passes, punch cards, and credit/debit cards. Cash will not be accepted.
- Walker Park, formerly Trail Creek Park, will permit access to open space, picnic shelter (small gatherings only), bike trails, and walking paths. Athletic fields are available for self-directed play, but closed for competitive and team use. The outdoor fitness zone, playground, and splash pad remain closed. Restroom access will be limited.
- Boulevard Woods, Dudley Park, the Firefly Trail, Greenway, and Sandy Creek Nature Center trails will remain open.
- The public is reminded to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Gatherings must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
- Masks are recommended.
- All other parks and department facilities, including all pools and splash pads, remain closed.
For more information, contact the Leisure Services Department at 706-613-3800 or visit www.accgov.com/leisure.
- Solid Waste offices will be closed on Monday, May 25.
- Residential garbage and recycling collection normally scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday collection will take place as regularly scheduled.
- Downtown district commercial customers are strongly encouraged to use dumpsters placed throughout the downtown area. Curbside, roll cart, dumpster garbage and recycling services will be collected as needed on a regular schedule.
- All other commercial curbside, roll cart, and dumpster garbage and recycling services normally scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday collection will take place as regularly scheduled.
- Leaf & limb collection will delay pickup by one day, beginning on Tuesday, May 26 through Friday, May 29 in Area B.
- The recycling center will be closed on Monday, May 25. Regular hours resume on Tuesday, May 26 from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The landfill will be closed Monday, May 25. Regular hours resume on Tuesday, May 26 by appointment only from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- The CHaRM site will be closed Monday, May 25. It will operate by appointment only from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26 and Wednesday, May 27.
For additional information, contact the Solid Waste Department at 706-613-3501 or visit www.accgov.com/solidwaste.
- Transit offices are closed and bus service is suspended on Monday, May 25.
- All Transit services will resume Tuesday, May 26.
For more information, contact ACC Transit at 706-613-3432 or visit www.accgov.com/transit.
All general ACCGov departmental administrative offices and facilities (City Hall, Courthouse, Satula Avenue Building, Dougherty Street Governmental Building) will be closed on Monday, May 25. Staff will be available through phone and remote workstations as regularly scheduled on Tuesday, May 26, though buildings remain closed to the general public until further notice.